STEM Studio is a fun and interactive maker space where curious kids aged 5 to 18 discover and nurture their talents through engaging and collaborative activities which enable them to harness their creativity and turn ideas into projects. Our areas of focus include: Coding Activities, Animation and Gaming, Robotics, 3D Printing and Virtual Reality.
We are currently looking to recruit educators with passion for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. The ideal candidate will be required to:
- Be able to build a community of young thinkers, designers, and makers.
- Be passionate, friendly and enjoy working with kids
- Be comfortable with facilitating authentic, project-based and experimental learning experiences through fun play.
Your roles will include:
- Working with kids and young adults on STEM projects.
- Developing and planning fun STEM learning activities and hands on materials for classes.
- Facilitating project based STEM activities with clear learning outcomes.
- Using visual guide and tools to make learning visible.
- Demonstrating an awareness of different student’s background and cultures.
- Monitoring student’s growth to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Using learner’s data to further refine and develop new learning experience.
- Work as part of a team to keep the studio organized and safe for kids at all times
- Uphold a culture of respect and care for all members and equipments
Skills and Qualities Required:
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must be fun and engaging in facilitating student’s learning process.
- Demonstrate ability to connect with young learners using different strategies.
- Able to work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate ideas and plans clearly and effectively through oral and written communication.
- Diploma or higher in Computer Science or background in other Science related courses.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the principles of STEM.
- Knowledge in 3D printing and robotics is a plus
- Experience in C++ programming and use of micro controllers such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi is a plus.
- Have at least one year verifiable experience of working with kids.
To apply, send your CV and Application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application window is opened until 21st January 2022. Successful applicants will be contacted on or before 25th January 2022.
For any inquiries contact +254 795 177 370